Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 18

College Hill

These are from Benefit and Congdon Streets in Providence, RI. They are part of the College Hill section of the city, located on the steep bank of the east side of the Providence River. Home to Brown University and Rhode Island School of Design as well as an impressive collection of architectural buildings. Benefit Street has houses dating back to 1756 and was home to a number of wealthy businessmen.

The first photo is the spire of the First Baptist Church and the last is the view from Benefit Street of the state capitol building and legislative offices.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

wonderful. love the shadows + light.

xo Alison

MANDY May 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

Just beautiful ..... and a black door gets me every time.X

Miss Moore May 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

The steeple, jutting out in front a bare sky, it's beautiful.

If you need inspiration, I'm running a little photo challenge on my blog. There's a few prizes, everyone gets a feature and a blog link. I'd love to see your perspective!

MANDY May 6, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

Would you mind if I used some of your photographs ..... I just adore them ... I will link back to you.