Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 23 Coventry Farmer's Market

Last Sunday was the opening day of the Coventry Farmer's Market in Coventry, CT. It runs every Sunday from 11-2pm until October. This is by far the best farmer's market I have been too. It is held on the grounds of the historic and beautiful Nathan Hale Homestead. There was music, pony rides, vegetables, baked goods and bread, clothing, plants, cheese, meat, dry goods, and a ton of other products for sale. One of the local farmers also brought this 2 day old calf for the open. Isn't she sweet!

I got a bunch of thing but my favorite is the 2 quarts of fresh strawberries. They are so delicious. I made a gluten-free strawberry almond short cake. Recipe over on No. 15.

5 comments:

MANDY June 11, 2010 at 2:45 AM  

I love farmers markets .... everything looks so wonderful !!!
and I have a real soft spot for chooks ... I would love to have my own.

Anonymous,  June 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

It's always a big joy to be able to visit places where honest en biological products are being sold. They taste much better too, fortunately there are more of these markets around lately. People are getting conscious about good products.

Anonymous,  June 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

that cheese is calling my name! i adore the last shot, too :)

xo Alison

The Novelist June 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

These photos make me homesick for Oregon. We use to go to the farmers markets all the time. We would also go to the berry picking farms and pick till our fingers were stained and our pails were full. Great photos.

Anonymous,  July 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

I'd love to visit this farmers market, the products look so tasteful, honest and healthy products are so good in this chemical world nowadays. Precious animals, so cute. Big hug and kiss for you dear Amy.

Jürgen.